Plant Optimization With POSy-System
Our optimisation processes also include POSy-SystemTM, as part of our business alliance with Paradox Engineering & Technology Canada, SERVICES | pent (paradoxengtech.com). The POSy-SystemTM optimisation methodology is a true multivariable orthogonal resolver whereby it solves for the most optimal of a set of multivariable Set Points, Outputs, System Gain and Nonlinear Relationships or other Disturbance Variables. POSy-SystemTM can be integrated withing existing Distributed Control Systems (DCS’s), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and in existing Advance Process Control (APC’s), and works as an APC / Optimisation numerical engine.
The diagram below illustrates 3 Controlled Variable set-point trials, where A, B & C are considered from other influential strategies to determine the desired true Optimized Set Point X. POSy-SystemTM solves for all of the Optimal Set Points simultaneously over the defined operational scenarios.
- 3 existing systems – experiential, statistical and predictive methods
- All of these systems are not precise
- Large errors are generated (predictive method)
- Time consuming and therefore very costly
- Dynamic changes cannot be captured
- No guarantees – you get what you get
Alleviation of Problems:
- Work from top down instead of bottom up
- About 10 x faster (cost effective) than traditional methods
- Solutions are much more precise with 95-percentile accuracy
- Increases efficiency/productivity,
- Improves quality and reduces waste all at the same time
Alleviation of Problems (continued):
- Error generated is minimized
- System more easily adaptable to dynamic fluctuations and trends can be determined
- Provides an excellent Return On Investment (ROI) for consumer (and investor)
- Considered disruptive technology
- Guaranteed improvements
How does it work?
Advanced Process Control with POSy-System
What processes have been tested?
- Most testing has occurred for manufacturing – non-Newtonian fluids (non-linear systems): achieved 12% to 23.5% efficiency improvements
- Have worked with modelling software in industry: thermodynamic modelling software – works well
- Have worked with modelling software at U of A: simple mixing (works well); SAGD (works well); and Tennessee Eastman Process & HYSYS (works well)